| Map and Climate
| Sunshine Studies
| Sequim Weather
| Sequim Webcam
Office of Washington State
- Monthly Summaries of Washington state weather; climate data, facts, events.
News Seattle Blog
- The latest on the local weather from Scott Sistek at KOMO Seattle
Rain Shadow Effect
- The Rain Shadow Effect, a high school science fair technical paper
written by Matt Haugland, of
Flora and Fauna
Flora & Fauna of the North Olympic Peninsula
- A great summary of plant and animal life
from the Dungeness River Audubon Center
A Primer on Washington Native Cacti
- The definitive article on species of cactus in Washington State, including
those in the Olympic rain shadow.
The Desert Northwest - A specialty
nursery with a focus on cold, hardy desert plants appropriate for heavily rain
Why doesn't Sequim look like a desert? -
A great blog post from acclaimed photographer Bruce Johnson about why Sequim
doesn't appear so dry.